Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Blog is Born

"Schola" is Latin for school. Having a penchant for etymology, I thought of using an old language to achieve a semblance of sophistication in this seemingly mundane blog. Scribbles is self-explanatory.

It is my hope that what starts out to be a requirement for an online technology class (yes, I was forced by my teacher!) will produce a meeting of the minds among scholars, teachers, experts, parents, even friends, and anybody who is interested in the future of our students in the classroom. Heavy stuff? Not necessarily. We can be fun and creative too.

I blog to learn and expand my schema of the world.

I hope you do too.

4 comments:

  1. So if you are tne momma of this blog, am I the grandma, since I was the force behind your decision to create the blog? Love the play on old and hip with "schola"! I am looking forward to seeing what educationally relevant and important ideas are put forth on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess Ms. Poss did not only serve as the 'force' but actually more as an agent of change to us teachers who mostly first thought that we were tech savvy. It is so funny that when it comes to technology and its advancement, our students were first to learn and quickly grasped all these! But it's not too late though...this current course we are in has shifted my mindset on putting technology on equal footing of importance with teaching of other fundamental subject areas even for my little ones! Consider me now a happy blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So now this is the thrill one feels when people actually read your blog and post a comment. Thank you. I shall now take on the challenge of being "educationally relevant" in the next post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so, we now let the "blog blood" run into our streams of life... Like you, I was also forced, I felt obliged to create my own blog site, ( though I was groping at first...) i visited other blog sites and gave comments! I have discovered and read varied schools of thoughts... some are similar to mine, some showed disparity.... whatever and however it is, the bottom line is, we learned to blog!!! and not just to blog, we created our own blog site, expressed our thoughts, and shared and learned from one another... and I think that is cool! Thank you to Ms. Beth Poss for this learning and blogging experience. And so I am now, blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete